We are looking for patient, attentive Child Care Attendants to join our team. The Child Care Attendant will be expected to prepare (pre-made) meals for children, maintain their hygiene, monitor them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, provide them with age- appropriate instruction, and work with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
As a Daycare Worker in our facility, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have an understanding of the childhood development process.
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.